In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, school regions are working tirelessly with the neighborhood, state and government organizations to guarantee the wellbeing and prosperity of their students and staff is at the front line of all decision making. Without provoking, numerous organizations have settled on the choice to permit staff to Work from home, with schools and colleges sticking to this same pattern, moving guidance to online stages to forestall the proceeded with the quick spread of this serious infection.
In response to this global pandemic we can say that time is changing and so transforming “Teaching and Learning” pattern. This article explores how schools, teachers and parents are reimagining the learning process. how teachers and professors teach and how students learn & What students say about Remote learning.
This Sunday, we asked some of our cJourney Application teachers, a set of questions about, what schools consider about the abrupt shift to Remote Learning may mean for eventual the fate of online training/education.
What they have said about this the abrupt shift to Remote learning is; making and maintaining community face to face interaction to virtual other options, connecting with workforce and Students all the while, facilitating them with remote work and so on.
The following inquiries We have posed to them and their answers were absolutely related to remote learning.
(a) What has changed in your teaching practices because of the COVID-19 emergency?
(b) Did your institute’s need or core values for students change?
(c) What is different for your students?
(d) Will the connection among Content and Procedure change?
(e) With the “school/college at home” condition being the standard, what method will you use to improve the learning outcome for the Students?
Conclusively opinion of teaching faculties can be summarized as follows;
According to the faculties, the portion of the key things individuals have been battling with this time is; how would we support each other through this troublesome test/emergency. For a few faculties, the concern is about how would they keep up thoroughness and guarantee of learning outcomes for students.
They feel like their teaching/instruction pattern has been changed now. As opposed to considering how to take an online arrangement, it is more simple for them as an eLearning master. They do not need to adjust their course. so remote learning has become what Students need most at this time ever.
One significant thing, they felt about the institutions that their institutions emphasized learning via the internet to make learning easy and reducing learner’s anxiety this time. So for example, if the guidelines of any institution have emphasized on online learning or learning via internet, institutions recommend that faculties should not rely much heavily on video conferencing, so as not to disadvantage students whose internet infrastructure is poorer, or who use a shared device at home, or who have other family members who need the internet bandwidth for other things. for that time being students can rely on remote learning with the help of various videos.
Faculties are advised not to conduct any exams during this nCovid-19 lockdown, which they think is a relief for many students.
Faculties have highlighted some of the advantages of Remote learning, which areas follows,
1. Widespread Attention– As Audiovisual aid helps in grasping and understanding more of concept.
2. Safer and more accessible environment – With remote learning, otherwise disabled students have the same chances to learn as everyone else without putting their health at risk or being subject to bullying. Of course, cyberbullying is still a possibility, but in an online classroom, your classmates will see your mind first and your body second, if at all.
3. A whole world of Possibility – If you can learn without leaving home, you are not only safer but also less limited in your choices. Online classes eliminate the need for commuting or moving out to pursue your education, so you can apply for courses based anywhere in the world if you so desire, without the hassle of studying abroad. With remote learning, your choice of education and career is no longer restricted to what is closest and a literal world of possibilities open up before you.
4. Making Your Own Path – With remote learning, you can manage your assignments on your own time, watch recordings of lectures and personalize your learning path. In the case of K-12, learning on your own terms encourages you to take responsibility without a teacher watching your every move, which may even give students a head start for college.
5. Fostering Long Distance Friendship:- Enrolling for online courses means you are likely to be in contact with students from all over the world, which may be the start of some beautiful long-distance friendships with people who can offer you different perspectives and interesting discussions. This does not necessarily apply to traditional class groups who are using remote learning as a temporary solution and know each other in real life, but the experience of learning online may inspire today’s traditional students to become remote learners of tomorrow. Now that the global pandemic is limiting international travel, contacting students from foreign schools may even be the start of a new and cheaper version of cultural exchange programs.
The opinion of Students about Remote learning;
There are the different opinion of different students, some says, they miss their school/college, some says they are enjoying new routines and learning according to their own pace. students miss sitting in a classroom with a teacher and other students, having discussions and asking questions. They miss the loud and crazy lunchroom.
Apart from this, they are also agreeing with the fact that they are now provided with more learning sessions and assignments. Some students are enjoying remote learning as they are now learning according to their own pace.
As per the Students’ requirement, cJourney will provide learning material and videos related to their specific subjects, so that students can learn at their own pace. cJourney is not only providing the videos for remote learning but also having the option for online classes with the active participation of the students.
So cJourney app is providing the number of services to the students and is also very cost effective to all.
The opinion of Parents about Remote learning:
The lockdown could not have been anticipated. But this crisis has given us an opportunity to look into a new aspect, one that is based on fundamental principles of schooling .i.e. Care, Concern and Compassion. The role of parents and teachers have merged for remote learning. Where Parents of school-going children are now more comfortable that their children are safe in-home and are taking nutrition.
In another time, whether the child has eaten or not would have been the concern of parents and if the child is learning well, a concern of teachers. But not anymore. This distinction has blurred during the lockdown. Everyone is worried about the well-being of children. Therefore, any teaching-learning approach has to be imbued with care, concern and compassion.
To ensure the continuous learning of children cJourney is going to adopt a two-fold strategy. One for younger children up to class eight, using a non-internet based approach (for example, Videos etc) and second, for older children, in classes nine to 12 using the internet (i.e. online classes). Where information on daily activities, generic and specific, can be sent through chat to parents with the help of cJourney app. For older children, cJourney is soon going to provide online classes solutions as well. Which will help the students in every possible manner?
“The most important principle for designing lively eLearning is to see eLearning design not as information design but as designing an experience.” – Cathy Moore